Podcast 010: Reasons Why Fitness is for ALL of Us! – with Andrew Cornner
Welcome to Episode 10 of the Rediscovery of Me: Reasons Why Fitness is for ALL of us!
In this episode, I am joined by Andrew Corner.
“Look at what you can fit into your week, and if you are doing sufficient then you should be happy with the position you are in, and not feeling that you are not reaching the goals that someone else is setting. It’s about your own personal goals.”
Andrew Cornner is a former member of HM Royal Navy and now a full-time personal trainer. In this episode he tells us about how to embed fitness practically into our lives, how fitness really is for ALL of us (regardless of age and fitness level) and how we shouldn’t beat ourselves up if we can’t do it all!
In this episode you will learn about:
- Andy’s story of how he discovered fitness and why it was important for him and his mental health.
- Why fitness really is for EVERYONE!
- How you don’t have to be ‘sporty’ to enjoy getting fit
- How the most important thing is finding something that you like and are comfortable with initially
- The importance of finding the right instructor
- What steps to take when you haven’t exercised for a long time
- Why you don’t need to spend a fortune on basic kit when starting out
- What to do when you initially struggle, and the need to begin slowly
- Why it’s important to find an exercise regime that fits in with your life and commitments
- That we ALL have time to exercise – it’s simply a matter of priorities!
- How any exercise needs to balanced with our life commitments in order to be sustainable
- How you can exercise effectively without specialist equipment
- That people can exercise effectively at any age
- Mental health and the impact of excerice
- The importance of building muscle
- The ‘personal’ part of personal training
- REMEMBER! Consult your Doctor before beginning any exercise program.
- The Content on Our Site does not constitute advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. Professional or specialist advice should always be sought before taking any action relating to your mental or physical health.
- We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. However, we do not make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date.
Become a Subscriber!
As a Rediscovery of Me subscriber you’ll receive an inspirational email each week which is not available on the website.
You’ll also receive information about forthcoming events and latest offers, plus our Comprehensive Guide to working out your Personal Values for FREE!